- Governor DeWine recognizes October as Disability Employment Awareness Month
- Register now for online sessions discussing why working benefits you
- Your career could be with the Lucas County Board of DD
- Ability Center Selects Hospital Council of Northwest Ohio for Community Partnership Award
- Webinars on employment for persons with disabilities
- Join the Lucas County Board of DD socially
- New Board of DD video focuses on interactions with police
- Worth Repeating
1. Governor DeWine recognizes October as Disability Employment Awareness Month
“Increasing Access and Opportunity” is the 2020 theme for Disability Employment Awareness Month. The annual recognition reminds employers of the importance of inclusive hiring practices. Follow this link for a message from Governor DeWine.
2. Register now for online sessions discussing why working benefits you
The dates for these classes has changed to October 27 and 29. These online sessions will answer some very important questions if you are working about keeping your SSI/SSDI and your health care benefits? Click here for more information.
3. Your career could be with the Lucas County Board of DD
For information on open positions with the Lucas County Board of Developmental Disabilities, follow this link.
4. Ability Center Selects Hospital Council of Northwest Ohio for Community Partnership Award
The Ability Center has awarded the Hospital Council of Northwest Ohio its annual Community Partnership Award to recognize a collaborative effort to protect the rights of individuals with disabilities during the COVID-19 pandemic. This award is presented each year to a local organization that works alongside The Ability Center on a specific initiative that positively impacts people with disabilities.
5. Webinars on employment for persons with Disabilities
Join Ohio’s Interagency Work Group on Autism and Employment First Task Force for a discussion about employment and enrollment in higher education for adults with autism. The webinar is October 23 from 11 AM to 12 PM. Register here.
Staff from First Solar will join The Ability Center for a webinar featuring tactical information on how to incorporate accessibility within your agency’s diversity and inclusion programming. Business professionals are encouraged to attend October 29, 10:00 a.m. Sign up here.
6. Join the Lucas County Board of DD socially
Join and participate with the Board of DD on social media. You’ll find us on:
7. New Board of DD video focuses on interactions with police
This short video, shot with the cooperation of the Lucas County Sheriff’s Department, demonstrates how to behave and what to expect if placed under arrest in order to lessen stress and anxiety. View the video at this link.
8. Worth Repeating
“You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you.” -Dale Carnegie