The Friday Update is published on Friday mornings by Lon Mitchell, Public Information Manager of the Lucas County Board of Developmental Disabilities. You may subscribe by sending your email address. You may also read the Friday Update on the Board website and on the mobile app available from the Apple Store and from Google Play.
- Board of DD 2020 Calendar available for download
- Dr. Eileen Quinn is appointed to the Board of DD
- Job Postings
- You can receive free text message alerts from the Board of DD
- Board facilities will be closed during winter break
- Special Olympics web page is packed with news, photos, and information
- Bowling Green to host Special Olympics state winter competition
- Survey: What Family Resources Do You Use?
- Upcoming Events
- Worth Repeating
1. Board of DD 2020 Calendar available for download
The 2020 Board of DD Calendar is available at any Board facility. But you may also download it. Click here.
2. Dr. Eileen Quinn is appointed to the Board of DD
Lucas County Probate Court Judge Jack Puffenberger has appointed Dr. Eileen Quinn to the Lucas County Board of Developmental Disabilities. Dr. Quinn is currently the Medical Director of the Special Care Clinic and the Down Syndrome Clinic at Toledo Children’s Hospital.
She is a past member of the Board of DD Human Rights Committee. In 2016 she received the Outstanding Professional Award from Camp Courageous and The Arc of Northwest Ohio.
3. Job postings
To stay up-to-date on job openings with the Lucas County Board of DD, follow this link. The Board currently has postings for an Early Intervention Development Specialist and a Service and Support Specialist – Children’s Department.
4. You can receive free text message alerts from the Board of DD
You can sign up to receive text messages from the Lucas County Board of DD by sending this message to 40404: follow LucasDDAlert . This is an immediate and cost-efficient way for you to receive information about inclement weather closings, important meetings, or other significant notices about Board of DD operations. And it’s free!
You can also get immediate messaging from the Board of DD via our mobile app. You can download the app to your smart phone from the Apple App Store… Google Play … 0r on your browser type in this address and enter your phone number: https://app.appinstitute.com/lucascou
5. Board facilities will be closed during winter break
The Lucas County Board of DD winter break is December 24 through January 1. All Board facilities will be closed.
6. Special Olympics web page is packed with news, photos, and information
On the Lucas County Special Olympics web page you will find schedules, photographs from current activities, and a registration packet.
7. Bowling Green to host Special Olympics state winter competition
Bowling Green State University will host the indoor events of the State Winter Games competition. This will include basketball, competitive cheer leading and swimming on Feb. 21-23. An estimated 1,500 Ohio athletes are expected to compete.
8. Survey: What Family Resources Do You Use?
The Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities would like to ask families of people with disabilities to take this short survey about what family resources they use and how they were involved with the Department during the past year. The results will inform the Department about how to best support families in 2020.
9. Upcoming Events
December 19 – Guys and Gals Night Out
January 16 – People First
January 25 – Special Olympics Polar Plunge
March 1 – Acoustics for Autism
March 7 – Arc Night with the Cavs
10. Worth Repeating
“Sometimes you can’t see yourself clearly until you see yourself through the eyes of others.” –Ellen DeGeneres