An application for employment is reviewed by Human Resources to determine any and all positions for which minimum qualifications are met.
Service and Support Specialist Experienced human services professional to assist individuals with developmental disabilities to be a part of their community, achieve gainful employment and receive needed supports to live as independently as possible. Candidates must possess a Bachelor’s degree in a related area, one year of post-Bachelor experience, and a clean driving record.
Download the employment application here: Employment Application
Submit resumes and/or applications to:
Lucas County Board of Developmental Disabilities
Attn: Human Resources, 1154 Larc Lane Toledo, OH 43614
If in need of ADA accommodations, contact us directly at 419-380-4033.
Thank you for your interest in employment with our organization. Please be advised of the following steps taken after receipt of your application for employment:
- The application for employment is reviewed by Human Resources to determine any and all positions for which minimum qualifications are met.
- If there are openings in the areas for which an applicant qualifies, his/her application may be referred to a hiring manager for review.
- Managers will review applications and determine which candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- Applicants who interview will be notified by phone or in writing regarding the outcome of the interview.
If recommended for hire, the applicant will be contacted by Human Resources to continue the employment process. This process includes (but is not limited to) the following contingencies:
- An acceptable Lucas County Sheriff’s record check and BCI/FBI records abstract;
- Two (2) satisfactory references from past and/or present employers;
- An acceptable pre-employment physical and drug screen;
- All official transcripts OR copy of high school diploma/GED;
- Satisfactory driving abstract may be required (no more than two moving violations within the past three years);
- Providing official social security card and driver’s license or state identification, to verify your right to work in the U.S. and for Payroll purposes.
All contingencies of hire must be met prior to determining a start date.
IT IS NOT NECESSARY TO CONTACT HUMAN RESOURCES TO CHECK THE STATUS OF YOUR APPLICATION.
Again, thank you for your interest in employment with the Lucas County Board of Developmental Disabilities.